In this blog post, I will want to introduce you to the 20 Powerful Bible Verses about Mercy. And these verses will change your life forever.
1 Corinthians 7:25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
Psalms 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children;
What is Mercy?
Mercy is the divine favor of God, and in another word, it is God not giving us what we deserve.
God speaks about mercy so much in this Scripture, and these Bible verses about mercy explain how we can enjoy mercy from God. So, it is important to know how God responds when people plead for mercy.
20 Powerful Bible Verses about Mercy
Here are 20 popular Bible verses on mercy in the King James Version (KJV):
- “It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.” – Lamentations 3:22
- “The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.” – Psalm 145:8
- “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us.” – Ephesians 2:4
- “Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.” – Matthew 5:7
- “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16
- “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.” – Titus 3:5
- “But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” – Matthew 9:13
- “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” – Romans 9:15
- “Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.” – Micah 7:18
- “Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.” – Psalm 25:6
- “Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.” – Psalm 33:22
- “For his mercy endureth for ever.” – Psalm 136 (this phrase is repeated throughout the chapter)
- “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.” – Luke 18:13
- “Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us.” – Luke 1:78
- “Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart.” – Proverbs 3:3
- “The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.” – Psalm 147:11
- “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” – Ephesians 4:32
- “To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him.” – Daniel 9:9
- “O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.” – Psalm 118:1
- “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.” – Psalm 103:8
- “For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.” – Psalm 103:11
Finally, it is important that without God’s mercy, we are all doomed, and with God’s mercy, we are blessed by the Lord.
- Do you want mercy from God? Ask for it.
- Do you want mercy from God? Give mercy to others.
- Do you want mercy from God? Accept the free gift of eternal life?
1 Peter 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.