People often asked, is there hope of Heaven after this life? Many people are clueless whether there is heaven after this life for them. But if Bible is your final authority, then you should find your consolation in the Bible, and what he says about how a person can have assurance of Heaven after this life.
1. According to the Bible, each and every person will spend forever in Heaven or Hell. Be honest with yourself. Have you ever told one lie? Then you are a sinner & have fallen short of God’s standard of perfection.
In fact, you were born with a sin nature which explains why you sin. The payment that sin requires can only be satisfied by death. Since God is eternal the only payment he will accept is one that is eternal. That means you will pay for your sins by spending eternity in the lake of fire. (See Rom 3:23, Rom 6:23, 1 John 1:8, Rev 20:15)
2. You must be perfectly righteous in God’s eyes to enter heaven. Because of your sin, you can’t get in. There is nothing you can do to earn it. No amount of keeping the commandments will save you.
Salvation must be received freely, as a gift, without any work on man’s part. God loves you so much and doesn’t want you to be separated from him, so He provided the solution. (See Rev 21:27, Matt 5:48, Eph 2:8-9, Rom 3:20, Rom 4:5, Titus 3:5, Gal 2:16)
3. God took all your sins, past present and future, and laid those sins on Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, who had no sin of his own. He was buried & rose again three days later. He appeared to the twelve disciples & over 500 people at once. He then ascended into heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God today.
One day He is coming back to judge the living & the dead. Jesus died in your place to pay your sin debt, so that you wouldn’t have to. The resurrection is proof that all sin has been paid for. This is the beauty of the Gospel. (See Rom 5:8, Isa 53:6, 2 Cor 5:21, 1 Pet 2:24, 1 Cor 15:1-4, Rom 4:25, Col 2:13-14, Col 1:14)
Eternal Security in Christ
4. All of the work required for you to possess everlasting life has been done through the payment Jesus made on the cross through His shed blood. Through the finished work of Christ, you, a sinner, can now be justified in the sight of God.
He offers you eternal life as a free gift. What is there for you to do? Simply believe…put your faith, or trust, in Jesus Christ ALONE, that He died for your sin, was buried and rose again the third day. The moment you believe the gospel and trust in Jesus Christ, He gives you everlasting life. (See John 1:12, John 3:16, John 5:24, John 6:28-29, John 6:47, Acts 13:39, Acts 16:30-31, Rom 4:5, Rom 5:1)
Eternal Security: Once Saved Always Saved
5. Since Jesus Christ paid for all your sin, how many sins do you have left to pay for? None. If you don’t have any sin to pay for, and God gives you eternal life, where will you go when you die? Heaven! If God gives you an everlasting life, how long will it last?
The obvious answer is forever. That is exactly what the word “everlasting” means. If it ever stopped, it would not be everlasting. Therefore, nothing you ever do, can or will, separate you from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ. You are forgiven of all your sin, declared “righteous” by God Himself and kept saved by His faithfulness. God cannot lie! (See 1 John 5:13, Titus 1:2, John 5:24, John 6:37-40, John 6:47, John 10:28-29, Rom 8:38-39, Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, Psa 37:28, 1 Pet 1:5, 1 Cor 1:7-8, Jude 1:1)