These verses emphasize the importance of maintaining sexual purity and avoiding sexual immorality.
God’s plan for sexual intimacy is within the confines of marriage between one man and one woman, and believers are called to honor God with their bodies and avoid impurity.
Bible Verses about Sexual Purity
Here are a few more Bible verses from the King James Version that address the topic of sexual purity:
- “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart” (Matthew 5:28)
- “For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication” (1 Thessalonians 4:3)
- “Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge” (Hebrews 13:4)
- “Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body” (1 Corinthians 6:13)
- “But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints” (Ephesians 5:3)
- “Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body” (1 Corinthians 6:18)
- “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness” (Galatians 5:19)
These passages emphasize the importance of sexual purity and faithfulness within the confines of marriage.
They teach that sexual immorality, including fornication (sexual relations outside of marriage) and adultery (sexual relations with someone other than one’s spouse), is considered sinful in the Bible.
God’s plan for sexual intimacy is within the bounds of marriage between one man and one woman.