In this article, I will be sharing the powerful Bible verses about forgiving others that will help you as a Christian.
Forgiveness and Healing: A Great Guide to Finding Peace in Your Life
Forgiving others is something that will talk about, but hard to practice when it gets to our turn to forgive.
And I believe that forgiving others is not an option for a child of God, but it is a must thing to do. Some people think forgiving is a weakness, but I believe that it takes strength to forgive.
Forgiveness in the Bible: What You Need to Know
Therefore, forgiving others requires strength, and you need the strength of the Lord to be able to do this. And I will add this, forgiveness is not for the faint-hearted.
Here are a few Bible verses about forgiving others from the King James Version (KJV):
Bible Verses about Forgiving Others
“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark TwainMark Twain
- “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” – Matthew 6:12
- “For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” – Matthew 6:14
- “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” – Ephesians 4:32
- “But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.” – Mark 11:26
- Mark 11:25 – And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
- Luke 6:37 – Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
- Matthew 6:14 – For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
- Colossians 3:13 – Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
- Matthew 18:21-22 – Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
- 1 Peter 3:9 – Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
“Forgiveness is not an easy thing. It’s like saying, ‘I’m gonna trust you again.’ It’s a risk.” – Unknown
“Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred.” – Corrie ten Boom
These verses show that forgiveness is not only important for our relationship with others, but also for our relationship with God.
Forgiving others can also help to heal relationships, bring peace and resolution, and show love and kindness to those who have wronged us.
Are you going to forgive those who hurt you? Don’t hold grudges because it ruins lives.