God commands every believer to do the work of an evangelist, and in this article, I will be sharing with you Bible verses about evangelism KJV, and this will encourage you to see how important the work of evangelism here in the world today is.
Evangelism is the act of sharing the Gospel, or the good news, of Jesus Christ with others. It involves preaching the message of salvation through faith in Jesus and inviting people to follow him. Christians are called to evangelize and share their faith with others as a way of fulfilling Jesus’ Great Commission to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19).
Evangelism can take many forms, such as preaching in a church, sharing one’s faith with friends and family, or participating in mission trips and other outreach efforts. The ultimate goal of evangelism is to bring people into a saving relationship with Jesus and help them become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Here are some Bible verses about evangelism from the King James Version (KJV):
- Matthew 28:19-20 – “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
- Mark 16:15 – “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
- Luke 24:47 – “And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”
- John 20:21 – “Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.”
- Acts 1:8 – “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
- Romans 10:14 – “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?”
- Colossians 1:23 – “If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister.” The Purpose of Preaching in a Local Church
- “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” – Acts 5:42
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” – Romans 1:16
- “Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.” – 2 Corinthians 5:20
- “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” – 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
- “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” – 1 Corinthians 9:16
These Bible verses on evangelism give an understanding of the task that God has for his children in the world. Go, preach, baptize, and teach, this is the work that we have been called to do.